1) When I read, I have to have absolutely nothing on my mind, and a lot of light. I cannot stand little to no light, it leaves me restless. I cannot see with little light, I have to squint real close to the book. Not a fun thing to do, especially when you have perfect sight. When there is something on my mind, nothing can be done. All I can do is try to figure out how to solve that problem, or what the situation is. It can be a bothersome experience when trying to read. I cannot concentrate with things on my mind.
2) My favorite types of books would definitely be realistic fiction, and mysteries. I like them to be combined, for example a realistic fiction mystery. I enjoy realistic fiction because i feel as if it was actually happening. I also enjoy reading a good mystery because i like the feeling of sitting on the edge of the seat, wondering what could happen next, and why that happened the way it did.
4) My best memory connecting to reading would be finishing the book The Husband by Dean Koontz. He's a great writer, but his books are confusing. I had to re-read pages to understand what just happened. I love that book, and he made me struggle with his writing, so I feel smarter for being able to finish his book!
5) I have picked up many books and just could not put them down. The very first book that I couldn't put down was Go Ask Alice. I enjoyed that book so much because it was real. I love hearing about other people, and why they did what they did. The book The Husband was hard to read, but i made it through because it was great. Just very difficult to read.
7) Go Ask Alice was the first book I remember reading. It is by far my favorite because it made me interested in reading, and writing. I know it won't matter what others think because she wrote this as a journal, and anything I decide to write can be like a journal too.
9) When I finished reading Wake I was happy because I could start the next book. I liked that book, but at the same time I didn't like it. It was a bit to science fiction for my taste when I thought it was going to be realistic fiction.

I have heard several people say they really liked Wake. I have it on my classroom shelf. I should read it this weekend!
ReplyDeleteMy husband likes Dean Koontz...which makes your image of his book MY HUSBAND funny to me... :)
ReplyDelete