Friday, January 11, 2013

Writers Dreaming

1)      I believe that Maya Angelou was saying that the caged bird was screaming for freedom, not just singing to you, like you want to believe. To me that means that NOT a thing likes to be trapped or caged up. It isn’t fair to trap anything. I agree with this one hundred percent because I personally don’t like to be trapped, or cooped up in the same area for more than a few hours. (Imagine people in prison, they must get stir crazy... Not saying they deserve to be let out though. They are dangerous.) I mean, at night when I’m trying to sleep, I can’t if the flat sheet is tucked under the bed. My feet get trapped, and I begin to kick and freak out. I feel cluster phobic

6)      I am not comfortable using any other languages fluently, like Maya Angelou was. I’m sort of jealous that she could speak so many languages perfectly. I have a couple years of Spanish, but not enough to say I’m fluent. I would absolutely love to be fluent in more languages; I would like to be fluent in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, and even German. There are more I would like to learn, but    those are just a few of the main ones. I would like to learn Spanish because I would like to go to Spain, Argentina, Peru, and Mexico. I would like to learn French because I would like to go to France. Portuguese simply because Brazil. Italian, because it is so beautiful, and I would enjoy going to Italy. German, because I like how mean it sounds, and how weird the words are spelled. I would like to know all of these languages, because I would be very comfortable with others talking to me. I would be able to have many different conversations with many different people. The English language is not enough for me; I want to know it all!

9)      When I’m trying to occupy my small brain, I normally play with my hair, or tap my fingers on a desk or my jeans. It simply makes me more relaxed. My biggest distraction when I have to get something done is between sleep and cleaning. If I don’t want to get it done and I’m a little bit sleepy, I’ll go to sleep and not get it done until the very last minute. Or I’ll clean my entire bedroom, make it spotless. Not a speck of dust on anything. (I mean anything. I clean off my ceiling fan) I’ll refold all my laundry in my dresser, and hang things up that I feel needs it.

11)   I believe it is harder for people to learn as they get older, but not impossible. I believe you have to try harder and harder to understand, or comprehend what is being taught.

2 comments:

  1. I hate the feeling when im trying to sleep and my pajama pants get tangled with the sheets and then my legs are trapped under the blankets and sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing when I have a task to do--I start cleaning the house! Or cooking... :)

    ReplyDelete